Thursday, December 3, 2009

BABA - I

    These are the stories I always wrote but could never let anyone read. 
    They are about my father and me. 
    The relation we shared ...... 
    The memories which I always wanted to share ....................
                  
  The Stories will be posted in a series. This is the very first memory I have about my father.... BABA

“ Zop Meena zop. Khup keles saglyansathi. Ata shanta zop”. Baba was moving his hand over my Aai’s face. My Aaji was holding her Sari in mouth and was trying to consol Baba. My sisters were crying helplessly. I was sitting on the bed. My legs were shivering and I was scared to see a dead body for the very first time in my life and that was my mother.

The first memory about BABA in my life is the dawn of 29th October 1993 – My Mum’s death day. My mother passed away due to Cancer and I was the girl of 7. I did not understand the things going round me and it was tough to see everyone crying and the helpless emotions on their face.

I recall BABA on that day. He cried a lot He cried on the shoulders of his General Manager who came to meet him and console him in the evening.

It is not a good one but a memory about my BABA. This is very first memory about BABA. As if I had never seen him before as my BABA. Because he was running from one hospital to another. Trying in all possible ways to save his soul mate “My Mother”. He was never home and whenever he was home he was busy solving the financial and family problems raised in his absence.

I remember the moment when he hugged my sisters and me. Crying like anything.... before my mother’s funeral and that was his first touch which I remember clearly.

Beginning with a sad story is really not an intension here. That was his first touch which I recall. The touch was full of warmth, love, helpless feeling, and feeling of strength he had. The strength of his decision of being both  - “ a mother and  a father “ . The strength of feeling of losing someone still deciding to keep her alive in his memories and in the sanskar  he gave us. That touch told me everything and anything will be there for me hereafter till BABA is there.

6 comments:

  1. Khup chaan Rup.... Very touching.... Kakanchi hi side titakyach halvepanane samor aanateyas.... :) Pudhachya posts laukar taak....

    ReplyDelete
  2. your baba is greate!
    khup chan lihites. khup manapasun lihilyamule tyala vegalya shabdat sajavanyachi garaj nahi.
    khup khup chan chan lihi.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. खुप छान पिलु .... .. .

    आई ही प्रार्थना म्हणताना रडलेली रूपा.... आई नावाची पहिली कविता लिहिणारी रूपा आणि आत्ताची रूपा यातला हळुवार पणा तसाच आहे ग

    अजून ......

    अशीच आठवणींची हि फुलं ताजी तवानी ठेव तुझ्याकडे

    पुढच्या पोस्ट्स लौकर टाक .... वाट पाहते आहे ...

    DIDI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vachatana nakalat dole oole hotat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. khup manapasun lihile aahe, vachtana sagle dolyapudhe hot aahe ase vatate. very touching...Jayshree (Aker Solutions)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kadhi kadhi asa vatat, junya memories kavtalun basnyat kahi artha nasto, pan hya asha kahi memories kharach asha astat ki tya thoda bal detat....

    ReplyDelete