Sunday, January 3, 2010

4 th July - Day of Interview

Morning of 4th  July was full of rush (Not for me. For my room mate Madhu )

Madhu was running here and there for getting things in my hand and she did every possible thing.

I remember tika. Praying for me and then putting tika as per tradition.

(We did not have arati else she would have done that as well)

She got my dress (very well ironed and washed (as per my orders from Nagar ) ) .

I forgot that on bed and then shouted from bathroom to get my dress for me ( I usually do this with Teja ( my sister ) when I am home )

She checked my bag (as it is my habit to forget the things (especially I card and mobile) whenever they are actually required)

And yes…. my I card was missing.

I was unable to recall where it was before I left for Nagar. Then I threw all clothes out from my cupboard.

After a big mess in the room I got the I card.

I checked the file for all my certificates.

I was ready with everything and for everything ( except the Technical Test ).

Kaku ( the lady who took care of me as a mother for two years and I stayed there in her house ) smiled at me and wished me luck.

I came out and………………..

 “Shit !! “ …………. I shouted .

 It was not any slang but actually there was shit on my Kinetic Honda.

It was a so called cute cat of ours who used my foot rest  as a commode and then it was SHIT !!!

Madhu was about to sleep when I left and I shouted and asked her to get a water bottle to clean the bike.

After all this I finally left for college.

All were already present and presentation had started.

I entered the Seminar Hall with and sat down with Swati.

Ohh !!  The slides there were full of embedded operating systems which I had read somewhere in books but never used (Except Windows which I had on my PC and I was able to play songs on that )

All appeared for test and …….shocking !!!!! I was short listed for next round.

Technical interview was something which I really don’t want to talk about.

I was feeling as if two devils were sitting with a fork and knife in hand and were thinking about where to start from and eat to finish me.

There were typical answers for which I was prepared and those were “I don’t recall that now “ , “I am sorry I don’t know”

After coming out of the hall I gave a glance to my friends telling “ No Chance !! “ with my thumb pointing towards the floor.

Then came an angel. He conducted HR  interview. He showed interest in every small thing which was there in my resume.

I opened my mouth and my mind as well. I wanted to talk more and more and he was ready to listen everything. I told him about my projects, seminars, presentations, me as a best student of college everything.

He just had a smile on his face and I was feeling like a breeze after I am out from a detention room of technical interview.

I was sure to get selected after that interview and felt " This is the place to go for “

But ……..

Life is not that easy. They were not happy with the candidates and came up with a program in Data Structures.  They asked to write a program.

It was already 8.30 . I was tired of getting rejected. And this was a point where I was about to get selected and again “ Muh se nivala chin gaya “  was the thought which came in my mind after I heard about the test.

Yes !!! My paper was almost blank (except I was able to define variables)

Me and Swati ( my friend -C minus minus girl like me and my good friend because we share same likings ) were sitting on the stairs outside the department thinking of next day and planning for next company to prepare for.

And the results were out in some 20 minutes

( This was the time when I was feeling like I am in the hospital and doctors are coming out and saying  “ Ab sab uparwale ke hath me hain “ )

Our HOD said “ Tanushree and Swati are selected” ( I was not there ) and then he said “ Rupali is selected if she is interested in testing”

A new twist ….

Whether to say Yes or No  ???


That is in next post of course………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment