Thursday, December 3, 2009

BABA - II

“What your mother does????”........ “She passed away when I was 7” .........
This is a usual conversation when I meet someone for the first time. “Oh!! I am sorry” is usual reaction from the person asking me about my mother. But I really don’t feel sorry about losing my mother.

It was something which gave me a FATHER with Mother’s heart.

The story narrates the reason.

It was when I was in std V . My unit tests were going on.
I had learnt a new stuff on that day. If someone asks you “ Kasa gela paper? “ just say “Gatthyat bandhun surakshit “  or “ Kaala nila houn” .The whole day all friends of mine were trying the thing on each other.

I caught the answers and came back home. BABA came back home from office. I was sitting in the bedroom holding book for the next day’s paper in hand and looking out of the window. BABA stepped in the room and asked me about the paper. “ Kasa gela mag paper ? “  I had a new answer than everyday’s answers and I said “Gatthyat bandhun surakshit “  and“ Kala nila houn”. BABA was hurt somewhere. That was the first time he approached and asked me something about exams and I said it foolishly.

He said nothing. He went to window and stood there calmly. It was something I had never seen before. BABA was calm. He did not scold. He said nothing and I myself realized something. But my ego did not let me say sorry .I just looked at him, opened my book and started looking at BABA standing near window.

He just kept quiet. My elder sister whom I call Didi came to me and made me say sorry to BABA. I said “ Sorry BABA ase nahi mhanar me parat kaddhich “  .

Baba smiled and we had dinner happily that night. When I went to sleep he just came to me and said “Rupsha ( he calls me so) ase mothyanshi naste bolayache.Mitranshi thik ahe”  .

I still remember the mix fruit juice he got for me that night and we had that together.

What if my mother were alive ? I guess she would have at least slapped me. But BABA did not rather he never.

The way he conveyed the stuff was in his own way and I learned……

1 comment: