Friday, December 4, 2009

BABA - IV ( And his big family )

Baba is kind of a friendly person and always wanted a son. He is a nice father. Regardless of his desire to have a son he showers his love upon all the three daughters of him i.e. we three sisters. Having a son was his desire in his early ages. This is a story about ..........

It was Diwali time and we all were cleaning house together. Ohh!!! that was something I always hated and baba always wanted me to learn. Thank god I have my elder sisters playing role of savior in every trouble of mine.

Cleaning time was the biggest trouble. Cleaning house was not at all my part of interest.
I recall my school teacher complaining my sister that I was laziest girl she had ever seen. And truly I was rather I am lazy regarding many things.

There were 3 trunks in the house. Those were army trunks heavy and big in size. Trunks were dumping zones of house. One of them was for old sweaters and old clothes, one was certificate bag containing old certificates and one was for old letters, unwanted papers and what not.

I was cleaning the trunk of old letters. Those were letters in Kannada so baba was not worried about what if I read them. I was trying to read sender’s name and receiver’s name from the letters as that was the only data in English. Receiver of every letter was no one else than Baba. And senders were my uncles, grandfather, and most of our relatives, my mother, and baba’s friends.

I found the only letter written in Marathi. This letter was written by Baba but it was not posted. It was dated 5th December 1982 that is next day of my sister’s birth. It was addressed to baba’s uncle. Content was strange. It was saying “God again gave me one more daughter. I really don’t know when the cycle will end .and so on…. “Data was surprising. He was not happy to have daughter and that to the daughter whom he loves a lot. The girl who is heart of baba.

I gave the letter to my sister. She saw the letter. And went in the hall. Baba  was busy cleaning the cupboards. She just gave that to him and asked him to read the letter.

He sat in the chair in his typical style and then read the letter. He laughed but my sister was angry that he wrote the letter after she was born.

He smiled at her and said “Now I regret for writing this. Don’t pay attention to this. I love you a lot. I did not know you are going to be my son.”

That was a small incident. Reader will think what is so special about this. Baba always loved us. We all love him. But I feel bad and feel truly that he should have had a son. Now we three are in Pune and he stays alone there in Nagar. In case when he really needs anyone there is actually no one with him.


But he is Baba he never fails. He never had any desire unaccomplished. He is a winner. He has a son Someshwar. He takes care of him. He is always with him like his shadow. A boy working as a driver turned son is someone who now never lets me feel bad for baba not having son.

In the age when own children do not take care of parents. Baba has many who are ready to die for him. Who reach for baba earlier than that we his own daughters reach to him.

He never had property investments. But what he invested is what he has with him with all interests.

Our college had a motto “Not buildings but men …. I dare you.”  Dad did it. He built many lives. He has his emotional shelter now. He has his biggest family which his real son might have failed to get for him and which he has now.

After we got that letter the circumstances never changed. Rather baba’s love went on increasing for all the three of us. His blessings for us increased and increased.....................

1 comment:

  1. having son is always desire from all the indian families....in early days
    pan baba ni tin mulina mulapramana motha kele
    ithech tar tyani sara jag jinkla ....
    itkya premal baba na dev khupppppppp udand ayushya dewo hi prarthana

    ReplyDelete