Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BABA - V ( A leeson with no punishment )

This is the story when dad first time got angry with me.

It means when dad first time expressed his anger and punished me.

I do not recall my age when this happened. But I do recall the punishment.

It was untold rule in the house that we ( the children ) should be home at or before 7 pm. Then divelagan ( ligting the lamps before god) and then we used to chant Ramraksha and some mantras taught in school.

After all this we used to have dinner and sit for studies.

I usually followed this. ( or else i at least used to manage to finish playing and come back home, before dad comes home ) .

It was the day when dad came early. ( I was unaware of dad being home so early ). Usually dad used to come home at 8.30 and or later.

I was playing on the ground and the game became so interesting that I forgot the deadlines. My sister kept on calling me again and again and I kept on replying " thamb na ga didi , sagale khelat ahet "  . Didi was not allowed to tell that dad is home and dad wanted to see what do I do.

I was unaware of this background scene and kept on plying and shouting loudly. We were the only family whos kids were studying in Marathi medium schools and all the Convent kids were done with their exams and playing. I was the girl who was having the exams ( I guess geography paper ) on Monday and I was enjoying games on Saturday eve.

That was the last call from didi for me coming home and study and then it was BABA's voice saying " Rupsha gharat yetes ka me yeu ?? "

" Ohh my god !!! BABA is home !! " that was my reaction and rushed to home.

BABA was standing in the door and did not allow me enter.

He asked me to stand outside and not to enter house.

BABA :  Abhays zalay ?

Me :  Nahi Ajun chalu nahi kele vachayala.

BABA : Ramraksha mhanalis ka aaj ??

Me : Nahi !! Ata mhanate na

BABA :  Mag tula kay shiksha karayachi ??

Me : ( About to act as if I am crying ) Sorry BABA .Parat nahi ase karnar. Sagale khelat hote mhanun me pan...

BABA : Saglyanchi pariksha sampali ahe na ???

 Me : Nahi tya ti hi ahe na tichi pan....

BABA  : Ata gharat yayache nahi ahe , gharat yenyachi vel 7 ahe ani ata 8.45 zalet. Tuzi shiksh tu baherach ubhe rahayches.

Me : Pan ......

mean while BABA had closed the door.

I was shameless and helpless as well. Stood outside ( with a confidence that the godesses inside, my sisters are my saviors and they will manage to convince BABA)

Nothing happened according to my assumptions. After half an hour BABA opened the door

He said "  Ata mich shiksh karun gheto me jevat nahi . Aat ya ani jeva ani abhyasala basa "

 I had my dinner he did not. I still don't know whether he had his dinner on that night or not.

But yes that was his another way to convey his anger and I learned......

I got late manier times but I tried my best not to skip evening chants and my studies for games.

That was the reason we three sisters still follow  Sanskar  of not sleeping in the eve (  Divelaganila zopu naye , radu naye) .

The Sanskars  which I made follow me roommate as well .

I used to wake her up saying " Uth ja 7 baj gaye Laxmi aane ka time ho gaya "

She used to get irritated and used to say " Laxmi koi train hai jo 7 bajehi aati hai "  but she too followed the rules made by me.

This was the way BABA taught which a mother teaches her daughters .

We learned.....................

1 comment:

  1. hech tar uttam sanskar ahet, je mi babanchi lek aslayne shikale ani ata mazya lekala ( atharva )pan hech uttam sanskar dewo shakte.

    ReplyDelete