Thursday, December 3, 2009

BABA - III ( Fear And BABA )

I consider myself damn lucky because I got maximum time to spend with BABA. I got chance to be his friend to whom he used to tell many small and funny stories of his childhood. This is one of them.

My elder sister Dr. Tejshri was studying Human Anatomy those days. She got a skeleton at home. I used to enjoy playing with the bones. Keeping the skull at the center and saying “ Bhag bhuge bhageshwari bhat swaha “ types stupid mantras.

My cousin used to stay with us. We are of same age. We were studying in same school just different divisions. He always used to get scared of the horror stuff. The day when my sister got skeleton set home he saw that but did not touch any of the bones in the bag.


There was a ground at the back side of our building and that was bit scary those days.
There were no buildings round the ground those days, only street light was there and the light of that street light was not enough to reduce the fear in the air round the ground.


As I spent my childhood in the same flat and the balcony opening at the ground end I never felt scary there. But my brother was always scared to be in the balcony or on the balcony side in the evening time.

I was always a naughty girl in my childhood and still I am.

 I don’t recall who was there in the hall but some guests had come. I went to balcony to water plants. That time the cleaning duster fell down from balcony. I asked my cousin to go and get that. Initially he refused and then to take break from studies he went downstairs.

“Mere dimag mein shitan jag gaya”  I went in the room and got the Skull with one bone. I switched off all the lights. I went in the balcony and held the Skull and as he came exactly near duster. I held the skull outside the balcony and laughed weirdly  “ha ha ha ha ha”  .My brother got scared and ran saying “ aai ga melo melo melo “ 

He came running upstairs. He was shivering with fear. BABA saw him scared and crying.
He complained about my stupidity to BABA. BABA got so very angry.

My bad time was going on. That time BABA was playing with a window stopper made of Stone .He came holding that in hand. I was sitting in the balcony holding a book in hand and pretending as if nothing has happened.

He came and shouted loudly. That was the first time BABA  shouted at me. He came to beat me. Thank goddess Dr Tejshri . She came and shouted at my brother saying don’t make issue . Can’t he be brave? BABA just couldn’t control his anger said “ Hila akkal nahi ahe ajibat . Murkha. “

I got so angry with BABA that I decided not to talk to him ever after. At night he came to me.I was sleeping. I tried to convey my anger through my different postures.

BABA said” Rupsha ase ghabravayache nahi . Tyache ithe koni nahi ahe ki nahi ?“
I was feeling “ Tyache ithe sagale ahet mazech koni nahi ahe “  but I could not express that.

He told me the reason why he got angry. He was child of 9 or 10. Early morning he used to go to station and then catch train to go to school. He used to leave his place at 5 in the morning and go by walk to station.

One day when he was going to station he saw a woman wearing white sari and walking round a banyan tree. He saw her and he got scared. He ran back to home. Next 7 days he caught fever and what not.

He said “Just because I have experienced the fear. That lady might not be a ghost but she scared me. I fell ill for so many days. Still when I pass by that tree in my town I feel that fear “

That was funny to hear an iron man got scared and still gets scared of his childhood imaginations. But yes that day I decided not to scarify someone and not to play with fear.

1 comment:

  1. khup chhan...Exiting and Touching too....! Good one. - Shilpa (Kolhapur)

    ReplyDelete